Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Digital Story

I recently learned about digital storytelling, which is the same as regular storytelling except the product is digital and you have SO MUCH SCOPE for creativity with all the digital tools available on the interwebs.  Digital stories can have photos, video, music, animation - anything.  I was rally taken with some stop-motion animation that people are doing, and especially entertained by this:



After learning about what digital storytelling is and spending a very enjoyable evening watching some examples, I was challenged to create my own digital story about my digital footprint.  While I love stop-motion animation and really want to try it in class someday, now is not the time, so instead I made this ridiculously childish storybook using some great art available at Storybird

Take a look at my book here and let me know what you think.  Have you created a digital story?  How did it go?

3 comments:

  1. Helen,
    I really enjoyed your post and your digital story! Thanks so much for adding where you got your ideas. I used story bird for my assignment too!
    --Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen,
    I loved your digital story, it was so much fun! I used Storybird when I taught technology at an intermediate school and my kids absolutely loved it! My students had never really been subjected to technology, much less creating a "book." Once they got started on Shorebird, they were amazed at what they could do. After everyone created their very own book, each student got to read (and show) theirs aloud to the class. It was at that moment I saw how eye opening technology in the classroom could be! I hadn't thought about the website since I last taught that lesson! Now, to create my digital story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sharp objects in the sandbox" Haha! I liked this post a lot. I enjoyed using storybird as well and look to continue making improvements to my digital story making abilities. I would love to know if you have found any other sites as easy or enjoyable. Storybird was good for me, but I would love to expand beyond the basic pictures and text. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete