Monday, March 16, 2015

I made a classroom webpage.

It's a work in progress.  And it's not as clear or as fancy-looking as I would like.

But here it is.

I used Google sites because I love having everything integrated with Google - I can easily link documents and stuff from my Google Drive into my webpage for students to use.  However, I don't like the layout of the webpage and it's not that easy to use or change.  When I have an actual classroom, I might use another web[age tool like Weebly.

4 comments:

  1. Helen!

    i loved your website! it was easy to navigate. I like how you used google sites it does seem a bit easier to use. I used wix it was challenging! Feel free to stop at my page and check it out :) http://brittanybeck.wix.com/7thgradescience

    --Brittany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany yours is way cooler than mine! You did a great job. I should have used Wix, too. When I make my actual class webpage I won't use Google sites.

      Delete
  2. Helen, I love Weird Al and have not seen the Word Crimes video yet. Way to be relevant and hip! I used Weebly because I am not yet comfortable with everything Google. I am finally feeling comfortable with Google Docs though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lane. I am a huge Googlephile and Sites is the first thing I haven't loved. Google classroom is great, but those pages are private to members of your class so it wouldn't work for this assignment. The next time I'm working on a webpage I will definitely try Weebly or WIx instead of Google Sites.

    ReplyDelete